United Health Centers (UHC) has been providing quality health care to residents of Fresno, Tulare, and Kings Counties for close to 50 years. UHC is a nonprofit federally-qualified community health center established in 1971. UHC is dedicated to improving the overall health of the residents located in the CA Central Valley.
This exempt position reports to the Director of Communications (DOC). The Communication Manager’s responsibilities are to effectively communicate to employees, patients, and the community all of UHC activities including the development and distribution of various UHC materials and newsletters for patients and/or employee use. The Communications Manager is expected to generate written correspondence, calendar events, and develop general articles and reports as necessary in the management of the outreach and marketing program. The incumbent acts as the Director of Communications in the absence of the supervisor.
· BA/BS in Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, and or related field from an accredited college or university.
· Valid CA Driver’s License
· Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing and/or public relations. Ideally, familiarity with healthcare industry, health issues, and/or community advocacy.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) with the ability to read and write. This will include ability to appropriately translate documents and materials to match patient and community understanding.
· Able to quickly build and maintain rapport with patients, staff, and community member of differing backgrounds.
· Excellent customer relations experience.
· Ability to speak to small and large audiences with ease.
· Strong general and technical writing skills.
· Expert computer skills with familiarity with MS Office products, Photoshop, and newsletter design software.
· Flexibility and dependability
· Demonstrated good problem-solving skills; sound judgment
· Effective time and project management skills
· Expert level understanding of modern office practices and procedures including email
· Attention to detail and excellent follow-through on work tasks
· Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
UHC offers a robust benefit plan that includes:
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Retirement : 401 K Matching Plan
· Life Insurance/Long Term Disability
· Education Assistance
· 10 Paid Holidays
UHC staff is composed of professionals dedicated to the maintenance and improvement of the communities we are privileged to serve. Become a part of the communities we serve and join our team today!