Director of Information Technology
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Chief Information Officer
The Director of Information Technology is responsible for ensuring the IT Department’s activities are strategically aligned with organizational goals and objectives. These are achieved through analyzing needs; planning, organizing, selecting, directing the development of and implementing computer resources, communication systems and all management information systems. Works with staff at all levels to implementations and ongoing operations of systems. The information technology director is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions at the location. This includes managing all IT operations to meet organizational needs and requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions. This is an exempt position.
1.0 PERFORMANCE AREA 1: Essential Functions:
1.1 Analyzes complex business needs and recommends technical solutions.
1.2 Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
1.3 Directs operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds expectations.
1.4 Provides technical guidance to subordinates with emphasis on established best practices.
1.5 Directs and prioritizes the work load of subordinate personnel.
1.6 Oversees the procurement of all IT purchases for the organization.
1.7 Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution.
1.8 Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
1.9 Represents the IT function at customer review meeting when appropriate.
1.10 Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
1.11 Manages daily operations of IT Department resources.
1.12 Provides mentorship to subordinate staff.
1.13 Performs salary administration and conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel.
1.14 Customer service focus.
2.0 PERFORMANCE AREA 2: General Corporate Expectations
2.1 Attends and actively participates in all meetings (e.g., department meetings, program meetings, employee staff meetings) and other activities as required or assigned.
2.2 Attends workshops/seminars as necessary to increase skills and knowledge to provide effective care, treatment, and/or leadership.
2.3 Supports the overall needs of the health center by working flexible or extended hours when necessary.
2.4 Supports the needs of the health center by traveling to other health centers when needs dictate the need for personnel.
2.5 Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational mission and objective of UHC to provide health care access and support services for all members of the community.
2.6 Supports their own staff development by completing the required hours of continuing education
2.7 Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally either verbally or in writing.
2.8 Maintains confidentiality and respect for information regarding patients and other team members; abides by UHC Rules of Confidentiality and general HIPAA regulations regarding privacy.
2.9 Displays a positive, professional and respectful demeanor at all times toward employees, peers, professional contacts, and patients served, maintaining a professional appearance and positive image for the health centers.
2.10 Contributes to the team by promoting positive staff interaction, maintains open communication with other programs/departments.
· Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field required with a Master’s degree preferred. Must have extensive IT experience including the development, administration and utilization of computer resources, information systems, data network and telecommunications. Must have experience in a management capacity. Must have demonstrated planning and organization skills and strong time and resource management skills. Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization. Must have a valid California Driver’s License and current auto insurance.
· Possess a valid CA Class C Driver’s License
· Must obtain and maintain vendor and industry certifications as directed.
· Must have four (4) years experience with clinical application and clinical systems.
Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Occasional stress from dealing with diverse customers and demands. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work. On-site workplace environment including indoor and outdoor responsibilities. Exposure to cleaning fluids and toxic materials.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may changes as needs evolve.
Final candidates for this position will be subject to background screening in accordance with company policy.
· Must have demonstrated planning and organization skills and strong time and resource management skills.
· Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
· Assists and supports organizational members and clients with network, database, and application training and technical support; plans and prepares correspondence.
· Knowledge of computer hardware including PCs, monitors, keyboards and mice, and network cabling.
· Knowledge of operating systems and software including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and Exchange/Outlook.
· Possess excellent customer service skills
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities; sound judgment.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Exceptional customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Able to quickly build and maintain rapport with co-workers of differing backgrounds; team player. Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Positive professional insight
· Flexibility and dependability
· Modern office practices and procedures including email
· Attention to detail and excellent follow-through on work tasks
· Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and push up to 50 pounds (on wheels).
· Must be able to hear staff on the phone and those who are served in-person, and speak clearly in order to communicate information to patients and staff.
· Must be able to read memos, computer screens, and administrative documents.
· Must have high manual dexterity.
· Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, must be able to bend, squat and sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach, kneel, twist/turn
· Must be able to sit between 5-7 hours daily
· Must possess close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Must be able to work indoors and out doors
· Must be able to operate a motor vehicle to and from various sites at UHC.
Travel required for this position.