Facilities Records Technician (Orange Cove)
REPORTS TO: Sanger Health Center Manager
Performs a variety of duties in maintaining the centralized storage, destruction, and retrieval of medical and dental records for all of United Health Center facilities. In addition to this the Facility Records Technician will help to maintain or store records from the X-Ray, Pharmacy, Billing, Human Recourses, Finance, and Administration departments.
General Corporate Expectations:
a. Attends and actively participates in all meetings (e.g., department meetings, program meetings, employee staff meetings) and other activities as required or assigned.
b. Attend/complete trainings and certification as required by Covered California.
c. Attends workshops/seminars as necessary to increase skills and knowledge to provide effective care, treatment, and/or leadership.
d. Supports the overall needs of the health center by working flexible or extended hours when necessary.
e. Displays a positive, professional and respectful demeanor at all times toward employees, peers, professional contacts, and patients served, maintaining a professional appearance and positive image for the health centers.
f. Contributes to the team by promoting positive staff interaction, maintains open communication with other programs/departments.
g. Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational mission and objective of UHC to provide health care access and support services for all members of the community.
h. Supports their own staff development by completing the required hours of continuing education each year.
i. Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally either verbally or in writing.
j. Maintains confidentiality and respect for information regarding patients and other team members; abides by UHC Rules of Confidentiality and general HIPAA regulations regarding privacy.
EDUCATION AND LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Valid CA Driver’s License.
· Prior experience in a health center setting is preferred.
· Knowledge of all applicable requirements including HIPAA for information management, retention, and destruction.
· Familiarity with transcription file creation and management.
· Ability to work positively with clinic administration, managers, and staff to facilitate optimum management of patient health information.
· Adequate knowledge of computer hardware and software including standard office software to perform required job functions.
· Team player
· Customer-service oriented
· Flexibility and dependability
· Demonstrated good problem-solving skills; sound judgment
· Modern office practices and procedures including email
· Intermediate computer skills
· Attention to detail and excellent follow-through on work tasks
· Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and push up to 50 pounds (on wheels).
· Must be able to hear staff on the phone and speak clearly in order to communicate information to patients and staff.
· Must be able to read memos, computer screens, personnel forms and clinical and administrative documents.
· Must have high manual dexterity.
· Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, must be able to bend, squat and sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach, kneel, twist/turn