Central Registration Representative
- Overall knowledge of the revenue cycle process, registration, insurance verification, pre-
certification, billing compliance, payer contracts, patient estimation, financial assistance.
- Schedules, educates registers, verifies and estimates services for the patient
- Registering patients for appointments; obtaining updated insurance and demographic
information and entering it in the computer system, and ensuring completion of all
- Educate and enrollment into Medi-Cal and qualified health plans
- Attend community events to education and enrollment
- Answer incoming calls on a multi-line phone
- Making outbound calls to confirm and obtain pre-registration information
- Copying/scanning insurance cards
- Take payments over the phone
- Promptly and courteously answers and screens phone calls for the department; routes call
as appropriate within established customer service guidelines; accurately records
messages and delivers to the appropriate party in a timely manner; checks voicemail
- Obtaining/updating patient charts with registration and eligibility documentation.
- Providing outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Reporting any potential customer concerns or complaints immediately to management
- Utilizes protocol for patient look up to ensure accurate identification of patient to ensure
data integrity and patient safety
- Is responsible for the site’s completeness of sliding fee applications and documentation.
- Daily, print, plan and review of Appointment report
- High School Graduate or equivalent. Associates Degree preferred.
- Enrollment Specialist/Certified Enrollment Counselor certification, preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a health center setting as Healthcare Associate.
- Knowledge in scheduling or call center environment.
- Knowledge of billing processes and coding preferred.
- Demonstration of strong understanding of UHC front office processes and patient intake.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Able to quickly build and maintain rapport with patients and providers of differing
- Team player
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong computer skills
- Positive professional insight
- Flexibility and dependability
- Demonstrated good problem-solving skills; sound judgment
- Effective leadership/supervisory skills
- Modern office practices and procedures including email
Intermediate computer skills
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-through on work tasks
Job Description: Central Registration Rep Page 4 of 4
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and push up to 50 pounds (on wheels).
- Must be able to hear staff on the phone and speak clearly in order to communicate
information to patients and staff.
- Must be able to read memos, computer screens, personnel forms and clinical and
- Must have high manual dexterity.
- Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, must be able to bend, squat and
sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach, kneel, twist/turn
- Travel may be required to travel to other health centers and community events.